Seattle, Washington

We've been trying to refinance through the HARP program for the last three years, but because we signed our agreement two weeks after the deadline that congress set, we've been shut out.

Out mortgage is just over 6% and is the type of mortgage that congress intended HARP to help, but since we aren't within the deadline, there is no so to speak "Spirit of HARP."

We have a large mortgage and if we were to refinance under HARP, we would save over a thousand dollars a month. It would be huge for us. But we can't get Everhome to do anything.

Now we have another problem to add. I have a hernia that is being caused by a cancerous tumor. Thanks to wonderful Obamacare, in order to take care of this it will cost me anywhere from 12 to 20 thousand dollars after insurance to get treatment. If I get cancer treatment without getting our mortgage redone, I lose the ranch and home to my wife, kids, grandkid, 3 horses and standard poodles who think they are border collies. I can't let that happen. So my only choice is to keep going and let my life insurance pay off the bills, which it will, 100%.

It's a shame companies that were bailed out by the taxpayer, have such little regard for anything besides themselves.

Product or Service Mentioned: Everhome Mortgage Mortgage.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Call your local representative and let them help you through the steps. I have this mortgage co and it took weeks of persistant faxing of documents..go to the harp web site and find out there. I think you have to be turned down for one program..and it helps if you let a few mortgsge payments slide while you psy the other bills.

Everhome Mortgage Reviews