Product: Everhome Mortgage Mortgage Modification Clear all filters (9 of 9 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
So those who now have realized that the housing down turn was not just a lot of lousy homeowners not paying but the banks forcing their clients to foreclose by raising payments, refusing loan modifications, force placing insurance on homes that already were...

I have a question my ex had a townhouse put in his name and he moved out and left the house for my daughter and I to live in as long as I agreed to pay the house payment to him and he would pay it directly to the mortgage company I was wondering if it is illegal to take a house payment and not use it to make the house payment

View more comments
Everhome Mortgage Mortgage Modification
Cons
  • Unethical
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
This company is the king of BLOOD SUCKING. They bought the loan from another company SAXXON. The first thing they did was demanded $6,250. to get me back on tract. I paid them $2,400 a month for 4 months. They then said they were modifying in and no payments for 3...

Pull up court docs on Everhome/Everbank they had a consent order-several in fact -demanding they stop doing business...State of Florida vs Everhome/Bank.....they still continue to operate fraudulently and just disobey the ruling judges orders. They make so much money they don't care.

Now the game seems to be to send the loans over to another "servicer" Nationstar being their favorite and they are just as bad.....Kick backs are getting spread around like butter.....congress, politicians and the local judges handling these foreclosure cases and rubber stamping them...very scary situation.....I wish these judges would get ON TRACK with the ones that filed the order against them and hit them where it hurts the pocket book!!!!!

No one seems to have the nerve to go up against them but that is nothing new. Banks always win....consumers loose!

View more comments
Everhome Mortgage Mortgage Modification
Cons
  • Unethical
Reason of review
Lied About Modification/FalsePromises
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Everhome Mortgage in Atlanta, Georgia - Under the Independent Foreclosure Review Forced Out

In 2008, I went through some tough times, I contacted Everhome regarding a Forbearance. they request several documents which all were provided, unfortunately I was denied. The counselor stated that I should do a modification, all of my tax information was provided and I was approved for the modification plan. I needed to make 3 payments at the rate at which Everhome approved, which I did. Once I completed the trial they came back and said they were not accepting the offer and foreclosure proceeding would begin. The agent gave me $500 to leave the place clean and sent me on my way. They turn around and sold the home for $65K. When I purchased it new $192K. Under the Independent Foreclosure Review they gave me $1500 and said this was fair. How? They forced me out when they approved the modification. They owe me more! I worked hard to purchase my home. Any suggestions on how to get my money back?

I had a similar issue we were 6 weeks behind they set me up with some program all I had to do was pay Half of my mortgage for 6 months. The day we were officially 3 months they called us and said to pay up or get out,luckily we saved the other half of the payments.

When I called Everhome the next day I talked with a customer service Rep who Explained that the program Everhome put me on was run by an outside company, and he told me it was set up to get us 3 payments behind so it would be easier to foreclose on us.Yet they say BOA is a bad bank.

I had a similiar occurance in 2010. Six payments were never accredited to my mortgage, and my local court judge helped them foreclose and take my home.

Have you taken further action? Did you receive you monies as a final settlement for any damages?

The government seems to have audited them and provoke the lastest mailing of "settlements". The one I received is more than a joke.

Wondering if any joint action might be a possibility? Any info appreciated.

View more comments (1)

Everhome Mortgage in Los Angeles, California - Thieves and crooks - liars

fill out about 5 loan modification paper work all was got lost . by fax- post office - fed-x - ups - etc.. Never could my rep. to talk to me or call me back. just lies one paper did not have the date on it so they said one other paper did not have name on one other they could not read one other no ss# on this went on for months. no help at all been in the home for 30 years . now I have 60 days to move out. all loan paper work was done correctly. I had to pay an attorney been fighting for about year and a half.

Everhome Mortgage in Smithfield, North Carolina - Everhome

This company must have the stupidest people working for them. They asked me to send faxes to them for loan modification. I have had 3 days of I can't read this or that one. Then they call and ask me what page of the fax something was on. It seems like you could go through 3 pages and read them and know what is on them. These people must be retarded. I am one day from sheriff sale and this nit wit won't cancel it so that she can straighten out her paperwork. I hope this gets fixed today and I can resume my payments because next year I"m moving my loan somewhere else.

My mortgage was just sold to Everhome. I had just began the paperwork to start a loan modification with BofA and now this.

I'm told Everhome is impossible to work with and I have yet to hear of anyone who actually got a decent modification.

I might as well let the house go into foreclosure. I just wonder how fast they are at foreclosing

I too have issues with Everhome. Everybody there talks ghetto, and they don't know ANYTHING!!!

I have spent the past 7 months trying to get a short sale approval, and Everhome keeps losing paperwork and asking for more paperwork. Then, when we finally get an approval, it's taking an extremly long time to get our letter (were still waiting) It seems like they are doing this on purpose because they don't want me to sell before the end of the year.

View more comments (1)

Everhome Mortgage CO. Told us NOT to make payments

Everhome holds the mortgage on our investment property. The property was vacant for several months and we got behind in our payments. We finally got the house rented and called Everhome to see what we could do about getting caught up on the payments. They told us we could do a loan modification and roll the payments into the loan. (At this time we were 2 months behind) We asked specifically if we should start making payments and they said "NO, wait for the modification." So based on EVERHOME'S advice we didn't make our payments. After sending in the paper work for the loan app and modification, once by mail, TWICE by fax and multiple phone calls; Everhome notified us that we made too much money and could not qualify for the modifiation... SO instead of being a couple months behind which we could have made up, we are now over seven (7) months behind, basically impossible to make up, based on their advice!!! They currently have us scheduled for a forclosure sale, all the wihile saying they don't want the house. So not only do we lose the house, we have a foreclosure on on credit report. WE ARE PISSED...

Everhome mortgage in jacksonville,floridia

i have been going through breast cancer for three years my income has went down drastically. i have had two loan modification from ever home mortgage. the first one just made my mortgage payment go down from $1018 to $1005 just $13.00 dollar and a lower interest rate. but the catch was i lost all my 7 years of equity in my house. for that new loan. and the second loan modification shouls of been the first one which is now $700 but a second note on the back in of my loan. am upside down in my house now. so they finance for what it is worth and put the balance on a second note. and i can't even file bankruptcy on it. cause it consider a first mortgage. everhome mortgage is like a predatory lending company but it's also a bank which is relate to them called ever bank i actually did some research on the mortgage company it's a bank called ever bank. harass the *** out of them. i did i just want it them to know how i felt. the president of the company is Robert M. Clements. send him a letter let your voice be heard. even though they always encourage me to sell my house on a short sale. i am not going no where. and if i don't keep it i will let it go in foreclosure it's less money for the mortage company.

Just found out not long ago, after modification when Everhome told me my home was valued at $95,000 that it is valued at $44,000. I ower $89,000 - so I am very upsidedown and the only information I've found about help for homeowners who are upsidedown says the program is voluntary and there is nothing saying how much they have to cut - it could be only 10 percent so that would still put mine at $80,000 on a value of $44,000.

Everhome mortgage

I am trying to do a loan modification from Ever Home and sent in the papers months ago, have been paying on time the lower payment they ask for. When I call they tell me they are still working on it. I thought it was done when I signed and had the papers notarized. Now I am worried they might be taking my money and still foreclose. Has anybody been though this. Loss of my income is what started all this and they would not talk to me until I was behind. I need advice been here 16 years now.

I am way upside down and Everhome turned me down twice for a mortgage modification. They recently offered to lower my interest rate and payment but added 5 years on to my mortgage.

Is that really helping?? Ready to do a short sale or walk.

Thinking I need a real estate attorney to protect what I have inthe bank. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I had this same issue with them. Loss of income put us behind, so we started the "loan modification", towards the end of the process they told us that it wasnt going to change the amount we paid monthly and because of the housing market drop they didnt want to refinance for us due to the drop in value of the house.

They were no help at all, so we basically walked away. After the house was sold at auction $70k less than we were trying to refinance it did feel good to know in the end it was their loss. We moved on and will never deal with them agai.

Now if only the Gov. would include them in the "National Mortgage settlement" it would serve them right and give something back to those who were screwed over.

I went through the same thing. I was just barely behind due to a loss of income and they offered me this loan modification.

I made the minimum payments they asked for and the supposed 4 month process turned in 11 months. They sent people out to take photos of my house and ask me questions and mailed me forclosure letters the entire time and told me that the modification department was seperate from the rest of the company and it was if the two did not communicate with each other what-so-ever. They repeatedly asked me to send more information as well. In the end they finally did modify the loan and I got a great rate and payment amount, but they have royaly screwed my credit in the process.

It's been a year since all of that and I'm still trying to fix my credit. Good luck to you Susan!

I going through the same thing. They ask me to send in additional information, but continue to deny me, and use my information against me.

They are the worst, and need to be stopped. They are not helping homeowners.

Hi Susan, I had a bad experience with Everhome Mortgage. They are the worst for customer service and will not return phone calls. Lady Saturn, do have any additional information regarding the investigation?

Marsha

Went through pretty much what you did. And they still foreclosed on my home.

However, I was blessed not to owe a dime in the end and I have court papers to prove it. Hate to tell you they will not work with you on it. The best solution for you is to find an alternative and run as fast as you can from these greedy jackals.

By the way, they are one out of a handful of mortgage companies being investigated for fraud by the Federal Government. Which that right there should tell you something.

View more comments (5)

Everhome Mortgage in Tampa, Florida - Everhome-Foreclosure

Back in Oct. 2008 we claimed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy and paid our payments to the Chapter 13 Trustee. I didn't get a letter stating that I was in foreclosing until March of 2009. I then sent over all of the paper work that I had gotten sent to my Bankruptcy lawyer and everything to be fixed. Everhome allowed me to start making payments again after they received a letter from my Bankruptcy attorney. At this point I thought that everything was fixed. In June of 2009 my husband hurt himself and we needed to convert our Chapter 13 to 7. When the Chapter 7 was finally completed we were making our payments back to Everhome, again still thinking that there was nothing wrong with my mortgage. I could really go on forever with all of the calls that I have made, all of the lies that I have been told, all of the "we can get this on a payment plan" calls, the loan modification paper work that I was just told about on Oct 6th, and all of the paper work that I have faxed to them a number of times. On Oct 2nd 2010 I was served with foreclosure paper work. The BEST part…nobody can give me a payment history. Everhome states that the lawyer needs to get it to me and the lawyer states that Everhome needs to give it to me. I am an accountant that would be able to easily back into where my money got applied or where it didn't get applied but Everhome won't give me a payment history! Bottom line is that Everhome has my money that I paid thru the Chapter 13 Trustee and now my loan is in foreclose. This is just crazy. They are truly a scam mortgage company. I will be contacting a lawyer today to figure this mess out as I have been unsuccessful in doing so. I think that I should be able to send them my lawyer fees since this is their error.
clindsay1108

Bettie,

Funny how after I contacted a lawyer and told them that I did, Everhome reset my loan with a new payment. CONTACT a lawyer!

I also stopped paying them anything until everythin was cleared up. I resigned paper work and sent in one payment.

I am experiencing some of the same issues since I completed my bankruptcy. They first told after my completion that I was 3 months past due and if I didn't pay while they were doing the research I requested I could be forclosed on.

That was about three months ago. So I made the payments. They came back later when I called and stated I was paid up until July. They just recently called and informed me that I again three monthts behind and if I don't pay I could be forelosed on.

They said the payments are because my mortgage was from payments that was due to GMAC before the loan was passed to Everhome. None of this started until my bankruptcy was completed. I am on fixed income and cannot come up this kind of when they ask. I beleive this is some kind of scam they are trying to run on me.

I don't know what to do. There has got to be someone who can help me.

You can go to court and file suit against Everhome for mortgage fraud and breach of contract. Send a request for documents that will be a numbered list of documents requests. They cannot deny a court order, and you can sue Everhome and everyone else that was involved at Everhome. I have been going through the same thing. When you attorney speaks to them have them emailed and document everything. These people are criminals snd the victims of mortgage fraud have no help or protection. I complained to FLBBB, FTC, OTS, HUD (now I have received no mail since last summer).

The gentleman below has filed a suit against Everhome so please email him and he may call you back.

Back up everything with emails since no two employees there tell the same lie:

kim.mcmanus@everhomemortgage.com; mary.braddock@everhomemortgage.com; renee.holmes@everhomemortgage.com; service@everbank.com

View more comments (2)
Review
#201668 Review #201668 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Contact Everhome Mortgage Customer Service